- Choose a novel that will captivate your students and keep you engaged...over and over...period after period.
- Take time to plan your novel study appropriately.
- Know your novel and leave plenty of time for your students to dig deeply once you start working through it with them.
- Find as many resources that will allow you to NOT create too much that is already out there. This one is big.
- Keep notes -- I like sticky notes and tabs -- of great ideas and insights that come to you while teaching. The best inspiration and ideas come when you are knee deep in student engagement.
- Be patient, a great novel study, takes time -- to plan as well as to teach.
More Novel Studies: Here